Take a ride on the Island Solar Pedal Bus throughout downtown Halifax to visit some of Nova Scotia's finest restaurants, pubs, distilleries, and most scenic historic venues!
The FIRST pedal bus tour in Atlantic Canada (along with Charlottetown, PEI), Ride Solar's unique tour offers up to 18 passengers an opportunity to pedal your way to various pubs, restaurants, and unique sight-seeing/historic locations in the birthplace of Canada.
This four wheeled "bike" is powered by up to 12 people pedaling (minimum of 8 required to move the bike) with additional seating for a total of 18 passengers and has an electric assist motor to make it very easy to pedal.
We can even accommodate one wheelchair!
The power to the electric assist motor, all instrumentation, TV, lights, sound system, & refrigerator are powered by 1kW of solar panels on the roof.
Our pedal bus is SAFE. It is CE approved, legal to be driven on the roads, moves at slow speeds, has a grab bar to hold, and every seat has a seatbelt for safety. Passengers may be required to wear helmets supplied by Ride Solar at no extra cost. The bar (table) height is also adjustable to suit the best height for the passengers.
Green, clean, fun, & safe - just like Nova Scotia!
3 HR "SIPS & SITES" TOUR
2PM DAILY MAY - OCT
INDIVIDUAL SEATS FOR $69/ADULT
($59/CHILD & SENIOR)
THE PEDAL BUS IS YOURS FOR $1142
(Save $100 based on 18 people)
(MINIMUM OF 8 PEOPLE/TRIP)
Our "Sips & Sites" combines something for everybody: Delicious Food, wine/beer, rum tastings, dessert, exercise with stunning views, and Halifax Harbour historic sites & venues all in one tour!
1) We begin our tour at 1655-1707 Lower Water St. (in front of the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic across from the Halifax Distilling Company) where passengers will go through a brief introduction to the Pedal Bus, get their helmets, and get prepped for their excursion along the Halifax waterfront.
2) From here, we will hop on the Pedal Bus and travel to Murphy's on the Water, for amazing seafood and craft beer/soda or wine.
3) After fueling up (with delicious food, not gasoline) we begin the longest leg of our journey up and over the historic Halifax Citadel (Citadel Hill) overlooking Halifax Harbour with fantastic scenic views of the city en route to Hopyard.
4) At Hopyard, we will stop for some unique and delicious "tapas style" food along with extensive beers on tap + vinyl records for your listening pleasure. Hopyard is "home grown" in Prince Edward Island, just like Ride Solar so you can bet it's good!
5) Next we will take an easy ride along Brunswick Street at the bottom of Citadel Hill to The Stubborn Goat Gastropub for more creative food & drinks before biking to our final destination...
6) Halifax Distilling Company where we will cap off our adventure with a delicious rum flight sampling or rum-raisin ice cream & rum cake with a quick tour of the distillery and history of rum-making (& rum running!) in Halifax.
*We provide complimentary, ice cold non-alcoholic beverages & helmets for our riders.
3 HR "BUILD YOUR OWN" TOUR
$699 FOR 3 HOURS
(Only $39/person if you have 18 people.
Minimum of 8 people/trip & you purchase your own food & drinks)
The Solar Pedal Bus is yours (company driver included) for up to 18 passengers along our approved routes to visit any of the following venues in downtown Halifax:
Murphy's on the Water
Pickford & Black
The Stubborn Goat Gastropub
Cut Steakhouse & Shuck Oyster Bar
The Halifax Distilling Company
Pedal on your own timeframe and spend as much or as little time as you want at each location. Our experienced drivers can help you plan your tour to maximize your enjoyment and ensure that you make the most of your tour.
PERFECT FOR WEDDING PARTIES,
CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING
LUNCH & LEARN AND GROUP EVENTS!
Use our TV & onboard sound system to host a wedding, group, teambuilding, or lunch & learn event RIGHT ON THE PEDAL BUS!
Show Power Point Presentations, eat, drink, & be merry while peddling your way through beautiful downtown Charlottetown.
*We provide complimentary, ice cold non-alcoholic beverages, coffee, tea, and snacks on the pedal bus throughout the tour.
Need help planning your wedding party on the Island Solar Pedal Bus? Talk to one of our preferred wedding planners by clicking on the picture below:
Ride Solar is Canada's first solar-electric public transit system employing both land and water craft in an integrated network for the purpose of commute, sight-seeing, and fun. Providing a unique opportunity to see PEI from a different perspective in a way which has never been available to the public before, Ride Solar is clean, green, quiet, and fun - just like PEI!
If you are interested in starting a solar ride in your area - we can help! Please contact us.
If you already have a solar ride in your area - please contact us so we can list you on our web site!