Take a ride on the Island Solar Pedal Bus throughout downtown Charlottetown to visit some of PEI's best pubs and most scenic/historic venues!
The FIRST pedal bus tour in Atlantic Canada, Ride Solar's unique tour offers up to 18 passengers (including one wheelchair!) an opportunity to pedal your way to various pubs, restaurants, and unique sight-seeing/historic locations throughout the birthplace of Canada.
This four wheeled "bike" is powered by up to 10 people pedaling (minimum of 6 required to move the bike) with additional seating for up to 18 passengers.
WE CAN EVEN ACCOMMODATE ONE WHEELCHAIR!
All instrumentation, lights, sound system, & electric pedal assist motor are powered by 1.2kW of solar panels on the roof.
Our pedal bus is safe, moves at slow speeds, has an adjustable grab bar to hold and every seat has a seat back and seatbelt to keep all riders secure.
Passengers may also choose to wear helmets supplied by Ride Solar at no extra cost.
Green, clean, fun, & safe - just like PEI!
2 1/4 HR PUB CRAWL
INDIVIDUAL SEATS FOR $39/PERSON*
OR THE BIKE IS YOURS FOR JUST $499
(JUST $28/PERSON* WITH 18 PEOPLE)
CHILDREN UNDER 12 FOR $29
11:00AM | 1:30PM | 4PM | 6:30PM
DAILY FROM MAY 1ST TO OCT 31ST
Minimum of 6 people/trip needed for this tour to happen.
Food & drink specials available at each location or purchase a food/drink package with everything included for just $30 (regular price $40)
A tip to your driver/host is NOT included and we invite you to tip according to how much fun you have based on the service you receive. We are confident that your driver/host will make your experience a memorable one!
Our Pub Crawl Tour combines a bit of everything for everybody: Upscale, lowbrow, food & drinks, energy, history, & technological all in one tour!
1) We meet at the Peak's Quay Marina at the Floating Food Court where you will have an introduction to the Pedal Bus and go over all safety procedures. (Feel free to arrive early to enjoy a beer special for our riders!)
2) We will then hop on the Pedal Bus and drive along the Charlottetown Harbour on Water St. to Sugar Skull Cantina for some Mexican food & margaritas or ice cold cervasas!
3) Then we will continue up Water St. for some fabulous views on the upper deck of the Salt & Sol Restaurant overlooking the Charlottetown Harbour for some fresh Island steamed mussels (or alternate food item for those with shellfish allergies) and their famous "lemon drop" vodka drink.
5) Afterwards, we will go up Pownal St. to Kent St. ald then over to Hopyard for their unique "Gourmet Fries" and and some local craft beer.
6) We will then head back to Peak's Quay where you can choose to continue your adventure in downtown Charlottetown at the Floating Food Court!
*We provide optional helmets.
**15% HST not included in above pricing
Booking a solar ride? Please have each person in your group sign our digital waiver HERE. Passengers will not be allowed to ride without signing the waiver first.
Please arrive at least 15 min before your trip departure for a safety briefing for the Pedal Bus. Tours will start ON TIME, EVERY TIME as we are on a tight schedule with our pub/restaurant partners!
DID YOU KNOW...
$2 from EVERY rider will be donated to the
QEH Foundation to support the
Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown!
PERFECT FOR WEDDING PARTIES,
CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING,
LUNCH & LEARN AND GROUP EVENTS!
Use our on board sound system & monitor to host a wedding, group, team building, or lunch & learn event RIGHT ON THE PEDAL BUS!
Eat, drink, & be merry while peddling your way through beautiful downtown Charlottetown.
Need help planning your wedding party on the Island Solar Pedal Bus? Talk to one of our preferred wedding planners or photographers by clicking on the pictures below:
Canada's first SOLAR-electric tours & transit system with both land and water vehicles for the purpose of commute, sight-seeing, and fun, Ride Solar provides a unique perspective to see, taste, & ride in PEI and Nova Scotia that has never been available before. Ride Solar is clean, green, quiet, and fun - just like The Maritimes!
If you are interested in starting a solar ride in your area - we can help! Please contact us.
If you already have a solar ride in your area - please contact us so we can list you on our web site!