Take a ride on the Island Solar Pedal Bus throughout downtown Charlottetown to visit some of PEI's best pubs and most scenic/historic venues!
The FIRST pedal bus tour in Atlantic Canada, Ride Solar's unique tour offers up to 18 passengers (including one wheelchair!) an opportunity to pedal your way to various pubs, restaurants, and unique sight-seeing/historic locations throughout the birthplace of Canada.
This four wheeled "bike" is powered by up to 10 people pedaling (minimum of 8 required to move the bike) with additional seating/standing room for a total of 18 passengers.
WE CAN EVEN ACCOMMODATE ONE WHEELCHAIR!
All instrumentation, lights, sound system, & electric pedal assist motor are powered by 1.2kW of solar panels on the roof.
Our pedal bus is safe, moves at slow speeds, has an adjustable grab bar to hold and every seat has a seat back and seatbelt to keep all riders secure.
Passengers may also choose to wear helmets supplied by Ride Solar at no extra cost.
Green, clean, fun, & safe - just like PEI!
3 HR "SIPS & SIGHTS" TOUR
11:00AM | 2:00PM | 5PM | 8PM
DAILY FROM JULY - OCT
SEASON OPENING SPECIAL FOR 2019:
INDIVIDUAL SEATS FOR JUST $59/PERSON!
THE PEDAL BUS IS YOURS FOR $962
Save $100 based on 18 people
Minimum of 8 people/trip
Includes food, alcohol (or non alcoholic drinks), transportation, & gratuity at all restaurants!
A tip to your driver/host is NOT included and we
invite you to tip according to how much fun you
have based on the service you receive. We are
confident that your driver/host will make your
experience a memorable one!
Our "Sips & Sites Tour" combines a bit of everything for everybody: Upscale, lowbrow, food & drinks, energetic, historic, & technological all in one tour!
1) We begin at The Charlottetown Marina beside the Cork & Cast where you will have an introduction to the Pedal Bus and go over all safety procedures.
2) We will then hop on the Pedal Bus and drive along the Charlottetown Harbour on Water St. to Sugar Skull Cantina for some authentic Mexican food & drinks!
3) Next we will bike up Queen St., over to Dorchester St., and up Great George St. to The Confederation Center of the Arts for a tour of a replica of historic Province House where the birth of Canada took place. The replica also boasts historic vignettes from the Confederation Players and a guided interpretation of the exhibit, which includes original artifacts from the Confederation Chamber. Alternatively, passengers can choose to visit the Art Gallery or do some shopping along Richmond St. and take in some great live music!
*Please note that this portion of the tour will depend on the Province House replica and Art Gallery hours of operation, however, shopping, music & venues on Richmond Street are always open!
4) Then we will take a quick trip back down Great George St. to Gahan House for some craft beer/wine pairings with some delicious dishes.
5) Afterwards, we will go up Queen St. and loop around Kent St. over to Hopyard for our last food and drink pairing.
6) We will then head back to the Charlottetown Marina where you will be treated to an ice cream cone at the Ride Solar kiosk and can choose to continue your adventure on your own at the beautiful Cork & Cast on the water!
*We provide complimentary H2O & optional helmets.
**15% HST not included in above pricing
DID YOU KNOW...
$2 from EVERY rider will be donated to the
QEH Foundation to support the
Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Charlottetown!
3 HR "BUILD YOUR OWN" TOUR
FOR YOUR OWN PRIVATE GROUP OF 8-18 PEOPLE
$599 FOR THE ENTIRE BIKE FOR 3 HRS!
(JUST $33/PERSON BASED ON 18 PEOPLE)
11:00AM | 2:00PM | 5PM | 8PM
DAILY FROM JULY - OCT
Minimum of 8 people/trip & you purchase your own food/drinks at any of our restaurant partners
The Solar Pedal Bus is yours (company driver included) for up to 18 passengers to visit any of the following pubs/venues in downtown Charlottetown:
The Cork & Cast
Sugar Skull Cantina
Salt & Sol
Brickhouse Kitchen & Bar
Olde Dublin Pub
Confederation Center of the Arts
Merchant Man Pub
Craft Beer Corner
Pedal on your own timeframe and spend as much or as little time as you want at each location. Our experienced drivers can help you plan your tour to maximize your enjoyment and ensure that you make the most of your tour.
Prefer other locations or want the bike for your own event in another area? Contact us with your wish list & we will try to make it happen!
PERFECT FOR WEDDING PARTIES,
CORPORATE TEAM BUILDING
LUNCH & LEARN AND GROUP EVENTS!
Use our onboard sound system to host a wedding, group, teambuilding, or lunch & learn event RIGHT ON THE PEDAL BUS!
Eat, drink, & be merry while peddling your way through beautiful downtown Charlottetown.
*We provide complimentary, H2O throughout the tour and optional helmets.
Need help planning your wedding party on the Island Solar Pedal Bus? Talk to one of our preferred wedding planners or photographers by clicking on the pictures below:
Ride Solar is Canada's first solar-electric public transit system employing both land and water craft in an integrated network for the purpose of commute, sight-seeing, and fun. Providing a unique opportunity to see PEI from a different perspective in a way which has never been available to the public before, Ride Solar is clean, green, quiet, and fun - just like PEI!
If you are interested in starting a solar ride in your area - we can help! Please contact us.
If you already have a solar ride in your area - please contact us so we can list you on our web site!